Support your Linux distro... please buy your DVD/CD!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 26 16:07:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 09:12:51PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> I've noticed that a lot of distro have announced their latest release,
> ie. Slackware, Fedora, Ubuntu, Centos, Mint, Mepis, etc...
> Please buy DVD/CD!  We can talk about their features until cows come
> home, but if users don't buy them, then you can bet Bill Gates won't.

But I don't want a DVD.  It's a waste of plastic for something that will
be obsolete soon.  Netinstalls are the only sane way to go.  Donate money
to the project instead.

If someone thinks physical disc sales are the only way to count users,
then they are idiots (besides even Microsoft knows better than that.
They count sold licenses instead, and many of those (in fact most)
do not include any media anymore).

--
Len Sorensen