Is Arch Linux Really Faster Than Ubuntu?

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat May 22 13:17:36 UTC 2010

It depends..

I'm an Arch user. I love this distro and it's performance. If you're an user
who understands your system and knows which services should be running,
etc... you won't have this kind of problem with any distro you want.

For example.. For default Arch is faster than almost every distro. Why?
Because it comes with almost nothing. YOU, and nobody else, will choose what
to install.. services, modules, etc...

After install almost everything the system will start to be less faster.

This new version of ubuntu is much more fast then the others. That's a fact.
But in my case, I do still prefer my Arch. After the whole system is up and
running (including GUI) Arch still faster IF you don't install a lot of
services and modules unnecessary.

As I said.. I don't really trust this kind of article sayind that distro X
is faster or better than distro Y. It's ALWAYS up to you. You are the user.
If you can control and configure your system as you want.. your system will
be perfect for your needs.

Best regards...
---
-  °v°   Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_)\  ITIL V3 Foundation Certified | Certified Scrum Master
-  ^ ^   Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
- GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
- TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
- Archlinux-br Developer Team - http://archlinux-br.org
- KDE Brasil Member
- TLUG Member - Toronto Linux User Group
- http://www.marcelocavalcante.net