Asus motherboard? -- never again!

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 26 02:33:10 UTC 2010

On 03/25/2010 10:20 PM, ted leslie wrote:

> i swear by asus and tyan,  tyan for amd, and both i consider for
> intel. i was going to buy a asus shortly, as intel seems to be the
> way to go as of late. I will have to do some checking now. Tyan are
> always a good bet, but a little pricy. I am not aware of any other
> brands of motherboards that are considered rocks except asus and
> tyan.

The only motherboard that has died on a system that I've personally
owned is an expensive dual CPU Tyan motherboard but that was ages ago.
The flip side of that is that I have a system with a cheap ECS
motherboard that has been powered by a cheap, no-name power supply since
2001. ECS isn't supposed to be a good brand so what this demonstrates to
me is that unless you have a statistically significant sample, one can't
draw any conclusions from anecdotes.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay