Routing choice under user control per application instance?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 18 20:41:11 UTC 2010

Hi!

I am wondering whether it is possible to choose TCP/IP routing
for a specific instance of an application - chosen on user-level
when the application is started?

More specifically I have a linux workstation with 2 Internet
connections (different devices), and I would like to have some
applications connecting to Internet using one connection while
other applications connecting to Internet using the other
connection, where I choose which application instance use which
connection.

I control the whole workstation (root, hardware) so I can do
whatever on the machine, but not the router / connection.

Any idea?

--
     ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
    /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/