Oh geez... didn't mean to post that to the entire list.

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 16 17:13:48 UTC 2010

That was back when I still used windows and I think mircx as a client. I
believe the paste button was middleclick or something like that.

It really kinda sucked the time I bumped "paste" when I had an email to my
GF in the paste buffer...

On 2010-06-16 4:53 AM, "Jon" <vanaltj-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

On 16-Jun-10, at 2:57 AM, Tyler Aviss wrote:

> One could post worse things than an inquiry about a ...
Every day.  Probably it is the biggest share of the array of communication
tools that I use.  For many open source projects, IRC is a major channel
(haha pun) of communication among developers, and often the devs are willing
to give end user help on their main channel (or have set up a separate
channel dedicated to such help).

> I remember when the common client would paste the copy buffer after a
common button. I think it ...
What I see happening fairly frequently:
IRC user has console based linux client (irssi, etc) running in screen
session on linux box somewhere, ssh to linux box from wherever is convenient
to actually chat and/or check scroll-back.  This convenient place is
sometimes just a Windows box, so stuck using PuTTY to connect to linux box.
 For some terrible reason I cannot fathom, default "paste" in PuTTY is the
right click, so when attempting to do "normal" windows behavior of right
click for context menu or some other thing, if PuTTY is in focus it
cheerfully accepts the paste of whatever is in the buffer, and if such thing
includes a newline/return character it gets sent immediately.  Great
hilarity usually follows.
Perhaps we are talking about the same thing.

cheers,

jon