Canon MP250 Scanner/Printer

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 6 21:44:39 UTC 2010

I've got the printer part working with the drivers from Canon, and I
also installed the scanning drivers from the same source. When I run
sane-find-scanner, I get:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x173a) at libusb:001:013

But when I run scanimage -L, I get 'No scanners were identified', and
running xsane just gives me 'no devices found' and on dialogue.

I did some googling, but most of the solutions are kinda old or don't
seem to apply. It's my first time trying to configure a scanner, so I
don't even know where to begin, and I don't want to start flailing in
the dark and make things worse.

Any hints?

--
TBM