Canon MP250 Scanner/Printer

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 7 06:48:34 UTC 2010

How about if you run it as root. Long ago and still possibly now there
were issues with scanners and device permissions, or in some cases
stuff needed to be mounted in /proc/vus/usb and accessible to your
user

On 2/6/10, Thomas Milne <tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I've got the printer part working with the drivers from Canon, and I
> also installed the scanning drivers from the same source. When I run
> sane-find-scanner, I get:
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x173a) at libusb:001:013
>
> But when I run scanimage -L, I get 'No scanners were identified', and
> running xsane just gives me 'no devices found' and on dialogue.
>
> I did some googling, but most of the solutions are kinda old or don't
> seem to apply. It's my first time trying to configure a scanner, so I
> don't even know where to begin, and I don't want to start flailing in
> the dark and make things worse.
>
> Any hints?
>
> --
> TBM

Sent from my mobile device

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support
LPIC/LPIC-2

“Even enemies will help each other if they are together on a boat that
is in trouble. ” – Sun Tzu