OT: Ontario Environmental Handling Fees

aaron d instantkamera-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 9 23:11:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Ivan Avery Frey <ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
 wrote:

> Annoyed, doesn't necessarily mean opposed. I thought eco fees had been
> cancelled because of the fiasco earlier this year. In fact they have, but
> this fee wasn't one of them.
>
> Personally I would prefer if the manufacturers/importers paid for the fee
> themselves. Then it would be included in the purchase price and there would
> be no annoying surprises.

Fair enough, but they DO pay the fee, and then they pass it on.

In some cases, Stewards absorb the fees they pay to OES. In others, Stewards
> may choose to reflect these costs at the point of purchase.

I think you are saying you just want it rolled into the price and forget
about it? I am definitely the opposite. I would rather have it as a bullet
point on my bill. Gives me something to hold up and bitch about later if
something goes wrong. I know where I bought my TV (Leon's), they made a
point of telling me about the program and fee (I was prepared and knew
already) and they gave me a pamphlet as well. That's miles ahead of what we
did for Californians years ago when I worked for a computer-sales call
centre.

-aaron