OT: Ontario Environmental Handling Fees

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 9 22:58:02 UTC 2010

On 09/12/10 16:06, aaron d wrote:

> Why were you annoyed? You, and other consumers will have to take your
> complex electronic waste somewhere once it's useful life to you is
> finished. That means someone has to pay for it:

Annoyed, doesn't necessarily mean opposed. I thought eco fees had been
cancelled because of the fiasco earlier this year. In fact they have,
but this fee wasn't one of them.

Personally I would prefer if the manufacturers/importers paid for the
fee themselves. Then it would be included in the purchase price and
there would be no annoying surprises.

Ivan.