OT: Ontario Environmental Handling Fees

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 13 17:07:57 UTC 2010

Ivan Avery Frey wrote:
> In case anybody's interested here is the table:
> http://www.ontarioelectronicstewardship.ca/stewards/fees.html

This message thread got me thinking of some questions about the program.

How is the average user expected to know if they should be charged an
environmental handling fee for an item? How are they supposed to know if
the fee being charged is the "correct" amount? How can we know if the
companies collecting these fees are passing on the amounts collected?