OT: Ontario Environmental Handling Fees

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 9 21:42:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Lennart Sorensen
> It actually sounds like you might get to pay when you buyit AND when you
> get rid of it, if your municipality doesn't think they have got enough
> money to dispose of it yet.

The wording is pretty weaselly...

It's not a tax...  but the government requires you to pay it.

It may be applied the costs of disposing of things... Unless it isn't.

It may cover the costs... Unless it doesn't...

It's annoying to be charged something for ... We're not sure what ...
Uncertain that who or what it will be used for ...  Uncertain that
there mightn't be more charged later.  Or not.