[mythtv-gta]: A MythTV building workshop?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 10 02:29:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 10:04:48PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> > That's what I have in use too, although I also use a SA4250HD.  Soon I
> > will have an HDPVR hooked up to the 4250HD to add some more channels (some
> > that used to work over firewire no longer do and it is getting annoying.
> > Stupid Rogers).
>
> I will happily echo the "Stupid Rogers" comment, I am ... unhappy ...
> with their service and will be rid of everything except their analog
> cable service by end of next week :-) .
>
> My MythTV set-up is a hybrid set-up, 3x analog tuners tied to Rogers
> analog cable, and 2x ATSC tuners tied to an outdoor antenna. The
> analog tuners give me the specialty channels that are of interest to
> me (Space and Food Network mainly) and the antenna gives me the
> mainstream channels in HD (CBC, PBS, etc...). This works fairly well,
> except when Rogers is out (again...). As is, I wouldn't be interested
> in touching one of those Rogers boxes with a 10 foot pole...

Rogers Digital Basic (the cheapest package) already gives you HD for
main Canadian and US channels.  Why do you need antenna, then?

Right now, I have everything with Rogers (ie. tv, home phone, wireless,
internet), of which cable tv is the biggest portion of the bill.  So,
I'm very interested in your antenna setup.  I look forward to your talk.

--
William