OT: Who is asking Google to remove data / more data?

Rafael Carneiro rafael.carneiro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 21 00:14:53 UTC 2010

Being a Brazilian and having lived there for about 25 years I have to say
that I am not at all surprised by this.
The government does pressure media whenever a nerve is touched. We've seen
cases where politicians have newspapers stop publishing news related to
corruption, which sounds like censorship to me but that didn't stop the
supreme court from ruling that it was ok.

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Brazil
"On July 30, 2009, Fernando Sarney, son of former President and Senator José
Sarney, managed to avoid that the newspaper *O Estado de S.
Paulo<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Estado_de_S._Paulo>
* publishes stories about a criminal investigation conducted by the Federal
Police <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Police_%28Brazil%29> against
him. He obtained the court decision favorable to him in the Federal District
Court of Justice.[9]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Brazil#cite_note-8>Later
that year, the Supreme
Federal Court <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Federal_Court> filed a
suit by the newspaper against the Federal District Court of Justice, thus
maintaining the
censorship.[10]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Brazil#cite_note-9>The
NGO Reporters
Without Borders
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reporters_Without_Borders>called the
Supreme Court decision "incomprehensible" and "dangerous."

Interesting, while trying to find english written stuff about it, I found
out that Counter-Strike was banned for being extremely violent in 2008. That
was lifted in 2009. Good thing I stopped playing it long before that! =D

Rafael