OT: Who is asking Google to remove data / more data?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 20 21:21:43 UTC 2010

| From: Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| I was surprised at the "leader" in
| this area, both for additional data and for removal requests, the
| world leader is : Brazil ... I would have expected ... well, one of
| several other nations with a larger population and/or reputations for
| being more ... paranoid.

1 Brazil, population: 192M, 291 requests
2 Germany, population: 82M, 188 requests
3 India, population: 1,140M, 142 requests
4 United States, population: 307M, 123 requests
10 Australia, population 21M, 17 requests
11 Canada, population: 33M, 16 requests

I'm not sure that the population is a good predictor, but Brazil does
have a fairly large population.