OT: Who is asking Google to remove data / more data?

Renata Rocha natzilla-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 21 10:41:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 17:21, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure that the population is a good predictor, but Brazil does
> have a fairly large population.

The problem in Brazil is not only politics. Everyone with money enough
to afford a good lawyer can ask to remove something from Google
(orkut, youtube)

A famous case was a brazilian model, Daniela Cicarelli, who had sex on
the beach and some paparazzi put it on youtube. She sued youtube and
the video had to be removed (but I'm pretty sure you can find it
everywhere).

It's very common for celebrities at least try to sue Orkut for fake
profiles, stuff like that.

There are laws in Brazil, still from the dictatorship, that go totally
against the "freedom of speech" concept. So, yep, there is some
censorship, based in old laws.

--
Renata Rocha
re-9siASaY8nq0dnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org