allow suspension of message delivery on list?

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 5 12:11:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Matt Price <moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> hey folks,
>
> a question for the admins -- any chance of upgrading majordomo to a
> version that allows suspension of delivery to an address?  It'd be
> very useful to me for any number of reasons, but currently mostly
> because I'm reading my list email on gmail but sending mostly from
> another account using an emacs mailer (I can configure it to send from
> the gmail address, but sometimes I forget).  hmm...  googling around
> it seems maybe there is no such version of majordomo -- is there a
> strong reason not to be using mailman instead?  Are there other users
> who miss the suspend feature too?

The mailing list is run by Drew Sullivan off of one of his machines. I
am BCC:ing Drew as I know he doesn't normally read the main TLUG list
(due to lack of time). I think the issue would be time/effort/payback
for Drew. Drew has in place a mailing list manager program that works
fairly well, Majordomo. So the question then becomes, would the extra
features of Mailman be worth the time/effort required by Drew to
install/configure Mailman? I strongly suspect that unless a horrific
flaw is found in Majordomo, the answer will be NO.

Colin McGregor