Open Source Toronto Calendar; Social Tech Social

Matt Price moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 5 11:45:36 UTC 2010

Hi TLUGers,

Here's something that's been on my agenda to do for the last month!
I've been wanting to invite everyone who's interested to come join us at
the Social Tech Social.  This is a monthly meeting that we finally held
for the first time in March, after thinking about it for quite a while,
for people itnerestedi n using Free & Open Source Software in projects
aimed at some kind of social change.  It's a very loose gathering --
just a bunch of people getting together to talk about their projects,
the challenges we face, and the ways we can support each other. Last
month we had artists, techies, and activists in the group, and would
welcome anyone who's interested.  Here's a link to the event:
http://socialtechto.ning.com/events/black-horse-meeting-for-social

Also:  while trying to schedule our first meeting we had so much trouble
with conflicts we thought there should be a calendar of ALL the
Free/Open Source Software-related events in Toronto.  So we made one --
you can find it at
http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/nlip1ngtid4qa4srg1517grb3k%
40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/nlip1ngtid4qa4srg1517grb3k%
40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nlip1ngtid4qa4srg1517grb3k%
40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Toronto
(that's in xml, ics, and html formats)
Right now there's not much on it -- but if you have suggestions of stuff
that *should* be there, send me a link and I'll put it on; or if you'll
regularly have stuff to add, let me know and I'll give you write
privileges.  Our hope is that it can be a central repository of
scheduling information for our communities.

Anyway -- hope to see some of you on Wednesday night, and hope the
calendar becomes useful (rightn ow it's not especially so).  All the
best,
Matt