Suspend / Hibernation under Debian

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 14 13:54:09 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 03:16:32PM +0000, Antonio T. Sun wrote:
> The Suspend / Hibernation feature works out of box in Unbunto on my Acer
> Aspire (AS5536), but I want my Debian (debootstrap based) works the same
> as well. How should I do that? I meant, there seems so many packages/
> tools able to do that, which are the recommended ones?

Worked out of the box on my debian sid install.  Might not work on lenny,
but looks like squeeze will be in good state when released.

> I've done some extensive search but this is the only Debian-based writing
> that I found, which makes use of s2ram:
>
> Put your Debian Lenny laptop to Sleep
> http://www.debiantutorials.org/put-lenny-to-sleep-debian-gnulinux-
> lenny-308
>
> Please help me to the correct direction.
> Anyone know a good web page that covers setting up suspend / hibernation
> under Debian?
>
> PS.
>
> my Debian is debootstrap based, ie, only the packages that I hand picked
> are installed. I'd like to know the recommend package combinations
> that provide the function, and better not desktop specific, because I
> normally don't use any desktops but a simple window manager (fluxbox).

Well I know both gnome-power-manager and whatever kde uses both do the
right thing and make the right call.  I haven't looked into what exactly
it is they call to make the system suspend or hibernate.

--
Len Sorensen