Suspend / Hibernation under Debian

Antonio T. Sun antoniosun-N9AOi2cAC9ZBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 12 15:16:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

The Suspend / Hibernation feature works out of box in Unbunto on my Acer
Aspire (AS5536), but I want my Debian (debootstrap based) works the same
as well. How should I do that? I meant, there seems so many packages/
tools able to do that, which are the recommended ones?

I've done some extensive search but this is the only Debian-based writing
that I found, which makes use of s2ram:

Put your Debian Lenny laptop to Sleep
http://www.debiantutorials.org/put-lenny-to-sleep-debian-gnulinux-
lenny-308

Please help me to the correct direction.
Anyone know a good web page that covers setting up suspend / hibernation
under Debian?

PS.

my Debian is debootstrap based, ie, only the packages that I hand picked
are installed. I'd like to know the recommend package combinations
that provide the function, and better not desktop specific, because I
normally don't use any desktops but a simple window manager (fluxbox).

Thanks