Ubuntu frugal installation

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 13 04:13:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 20:04 +0000, Antonio T. Sun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I do a frugal installation of Ubuntu? (ie, install as-is without
> expanding)
hi antonio,

i'm not really quite sure what you're asking.  do you want a guide to
installing ubuntu on a usb key?  or are you looking for what's often
called a "lightweight" installation of ubuntu.  if you just want a
lightweight install, you can try the new lxde flavour of ubuntu, i think
called Lubuntu, or Crunchbang linux, which is based on openbox.  Or,
since I seem to recall you use fluxbox, why not just choose the
alternatice installation disk, and install only the packages you really
want (much as you would do on debian)?

matt