Ubuntu frugal installation

Antonio T. Sun antoniosun-N9AOi2cAC9ZBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 12 20:04:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

How can I do a frugal installation of Ubuntu? (ie, install as-is without
expanding)

I've found this, but it seems not for ubuntu 9.04. I tried apply the same
method with ubuntu 9.04 but wasn't successful.

How to Install Ubuntu Linux on a USB Flash Drive
http://www.ixibo.com/2009/04/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-a-usb-flash-
drive/

I know there are easy ways to install Ubuntu Linux on USB drive. EG,

Easy Way To Install Ubuntu Linux On USB Drive
http://www.technixupdate.com/easy-way-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-usb-
drive/

Install Ubuntu 9.04 to a USB pen drive
http://www.talkonsomething.com/2009/08/install-ubuntu-9-04-to-a-usb-pen-
drive/

but my USB is already well partitioned, and I want to install Ubuntu into
a partition without interfering the files on the partition and other
partitions.

Thanks