McMaster University Creates Open Source eHealth Records System

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 15 14:09:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:41:43PM -0400, Andrej Marjan wrote:
> Do you consider template metaprogramming to be "mostly C"? For instance there
> are portable numeric template libraries in C++ which are competitive with
> vendor-tuned BLAS, and much faster than anything you can create in C.

Well than _I_ can write in C yes.  Than anyone can write in C, no.
Especially given you could convert C++ to C (not very readable C, but
still C).  And of course if g++ is your compiler, I highly doubt it will
be anywhere near BLAS in performance.

> Modern C++ isn't an easy (or pretty) language by any means, but it's come a
> long way since the early 90's.

Yeah STL certainly made it bloated enough.

--
Len Sorensen