Nobel Peace Prize to Linus Torvalds: A Northwest Nobel option?

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 24 16:32:57 UTC 2009

Darryl Moore wrote:
> Linus is a pragmatist who only uses OS and GPL because it suits his
> purpose. His only concern is with Linux. He does not, that I've seen,
> concern himself very much with the state of the OS community beyond
> that. He has far less vision and is far less ethically motivated than
> Stallman.
>
> Between the two of them, Stallman is by far the most deserving.

I have huge respect for Stallman, despite his sometimes antagonizing
comments. It's thanks to Linus' little pet project that I re-found my
love of computers when I was ready to leave IT eight years ago. I own
him my job.

However, neither of them deserve the peace prize. Maybe another
category, like one of the science ones.

Madi