Nobel Peace Prize to Linus Torvalds: A Northwest Nobel option?

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 24 21:33:59 UTC 2009

Christopher Browne wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:08 AM, G. Matthew Rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 10:54 -0500, Darryl Moore wrote:
>>
>>> Between the two of them, Stallman is by far the most deserving.
>>>
>> "Deserving" isn't really a huge part of the selection criteria for the
>> peace prize from what I've seen.
>>
>> Why not just award it jointly?  They do that, too.  That way ESR can get
>> one, as well. :)
>>

> He's too much of a libertarian gun nut for those Swedes :-).

Most likely nobody asked Torvalds for his agreement to be "nominated"
for piss prise. Neither for his  political or ideological views... And
who knows, it is quite likely that quite some on this list would prefer
not to know about his thoughts not related to OS.

Well, it is not excluded either as a theoretical possibility that he
does not have any thoughts at all except of these related to Linux
kernel. At least I do not know about any scientific publication
reporting on insanity of his mind and social views.

I seriously doubt that he would like to share that "award" with
greenhouse effect co-maker.

Besides, to spoil a man - give him money. So far I do not think he is in
any serious debts and needs help from Norwegian piss committee.

zb.