Early adopters bloodied by Ubuntu's Karmic Koala

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 9 02:02:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Rajinder Yadav wrote:
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/03/karmic_koala_frustration/
>>

> Kubuntu 9.10 (x32_64) fails to install on my Laptop for some reason. Right
> after the 1st step to select language then pick install. The screen goes
> blank with no activity on the CD or HD.
>
> So I had to install Kubuntu 9.04 (x32_64) which is working without any
> problems except for the odd refresh problem when a the toolbar popup get
> displayed and then disappears leaving a blue patch. This happen so
> infrequent I can live with it.
>
> Where can I report my bug for 9.10? Does someone have a direct link or do I
> just post onto the "Install" forums.

Perhaps you might try the safe graphics mode settings (selectable at
the boot prompt) in case it has some weird issue with your graphics
card?
Doesn't make much sense for the GUI installer to bug out like that. If
you have two machines you could install SSH while booted from CD and
set the root password, then SSH to the machine and see what happens
when things "go dark"

> --
> Kind Regards,
> Rajinder Yadav
>
> http://DevMentor.org
>
> Do Good! - Share Freely, Enrich and Empower people to Transform their lives.

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support
LPIC/LPIC-2
(778) 890-0942