Recommendations for lightweight Window Manager?

Brandon Sandrowicz bsandrow-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 8 06:57:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Matt Price <matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> (if i remember right, it was awesome which wanted me to learn lua to set key bindings, which seemed a bit much).

Almost all of the minimalist window managers will require this to some
extent. Picking up the amount of Lua needed to configure Awesome was
pretty easy for me. On the other hand, trying to learn Haskell just
from people's Xmonad config files.... is a *bit* much[1].

[1] This is mostly due to Haskell syntax. The Haskell compiler does a
bunch of evaluation that you can't get from just reading some quick
syntax. (i.e. "a b c" could be "(a b c)" or "(a (b c))" depending on
types and declarations which are usually hidden away in libraries
somewhere. It took me a *long* time to figure this out while trying to
avoid learning the entire language just to configure things)
--
Brandon