TLUG Presentation June 2009: Beginning GIMP

Richard Weait richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 16 02:21:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 20:41 -0400, Giles Orr wrote:
> 2009/3/14 Kevin Morris <kevjmorris-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>:
> >> Subject: [TLUG]: TLUG Presentation June 2009: Beginning GIMP

> >> The GIMP was the most requested topic in our recent poll and is eagerly
> >> anticipated based on discussion at recent meetings.
>
> > Thanks Giles for taking on this presentation. Based on the information about
> > what is being presented can I make a request/suggestion; will it be possible
> > to cover a fair amount on original image creation or have another follow-up
> > session on it.
> >
> > Personally, I would like to learn more about original image creation and tap
> > into my creative side. If Giles has the time and is willing.
>
> I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the main interest was in photo
> editing.  I've made many images from scratch with GIMP but I'm
> definitely better at photo editing.

Let's keep to the original, "How do I get started with The GIMP"
approach and in your comfort-zone, Giles, for your choice of
demonstrations.  With many new GIMP users after your talk, perhaps one
or more will volunteer to take a go at a "Creating / Painting with The
GIMP" talk for later.

Like any worthwhile topic, you cannot cover everything.  Pick one
message to deliver, one story to tell, and build your demonstrations
around that.

Kevin, if you are comfortable creating images with other software
(Inkscape perhaps?) maybe you can do a talk on that?

Best regards,
Richard.