TLUG Presentation June 2009: Beginning GIMP

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 16 00:41:31 UTC 2009

2009/3/14 Kevin Morris <kevjmorris-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>:
>> Subject: [TLUG]: TLUG Presentation June 2009: Beginning GIMP
>> From: richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
>> To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
>> Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:39:32 -0400
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm pleased to confirm that Giles Orr has generously offered to share
>> his experience with The GIMP (The GNU Image Manipulation Program) with
>> us at the June 2009 TLUG meeting.
>>
>> Abstract: http://tlug.ss.org/wiki/Meetings:2009-06
>>
>> The GIMP was the most requested topic in our recent poll and is eagerly
>> anticipated based on discussion at recent meetings.

> Thanks Giles for taking on this presentation. Based on the information about
> what is being presented can I make a request/suggestion; will it be possible
> to cover a fair amount on original image creation or have another follow-up
> session on it.
>
> Personally, I would like to learn more about original image creation and tap
> into my creative side. If Giles has the time and is willing.

I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the main interest was in photo
editing.  I've made many images from scratch with GIMP but I'm
definitely better at photo editing.  Having said that, I think I could
give a passable presentation on original image creation ... so long as
you don't mind it leaning more to warps and distorts rather than
painting/drawing.  I'll definitely show you how to paint, but I'm not
too good at it so those aren't the techniques I use the most.

So any other preferences one way or the other?  Rather than flood the
list, how about those who care just email me off-list with a short
"photo editing" or "original images" vote please?

If folks are happy with my presentation and enough people want a full
presentation on the other topic, I guess another presentation is
possible - although it sounds like there are topics lined up for quite
a few months.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/