small flash cards for low prize?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 27 18:28:11 UTC 2009

Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> George Nicol wrote:
>> I apologize. That was, indeed, bad form. Lame.
>>
>> Politely and sincerely: Please stop messing up our threaded
>> conversations.
>
> I do the most obvious thing that one could do. I hit reply and change
> subject. If this is causing problems than the software for archives
> does not work properly. The mailing list itself does work properly.

The most obvious thing to do is compose a fresh message.  If you check
the message headers, you'll see a line like "In-Reply_to:
<4A45D6B6.8040108-PeCUgM4zDv73fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org>".  This number, which came from your reply
is used for threading.  So, when someone uses threaded view, when
reading email, they'll see your new topic mixed in with the old.  When
you create a new thread, this problem doesn't occur.