question about resizing partitions under lvm

Richard Dice rdice-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 27 13:11:50 UTC 2009

> resize2fs will let you (think you have to turn off the journal with
> tune2fs, I don't know the details). The tricky part is running fdisk after
> resizing to remove the existing partition and create a new one with the
> smaller size.

Jamon,

But does using fdisk apply in the situation I originally described, where I
said that I'm doing all of this under and lvm environment?  The various man
pages and HOWTOs I've read so far suggest that lvreduce and lvextend should
take the place of fdisk.  Am I right with that?

Cheers,
 - Richard