question about resizing partitions under lvm

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 27 12:58:16 UTC 2009

Aviss,Tyler wrote:
> Does EXT3 size down nicely? I've never tried but experience with other
> FS's has been that it's a lot easier to go up than down.

resize2fs will let you (think you have to turn off the journal with
tune2fs, I don't know the details). The tricky part is running fdisk
after resizing to remove the existing partition and create a new one
with the smaller size.

The gparted livecd/liveusb tool is excellent for such work, I highly
recommend it.

Jamon