Coder Girl...

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 23 13:58:45 UTC 2009

Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
>> Honest question; How much do you know about recent (north) American
>> history?
>>
> I know enough. Believe me. But the question is entirely irrelevant to my
> first post.

Actually, it's entirely relevant.

Did you read the links that Darryl posted? They give a lot better
insight into why it is relevant than I can. Let me try to give it to you
in a nutshell though;

Rap and Hip Hop originally came from the black community and are still
probably the largest consumer of this style of music. So you can say
that, to an extent, Rap and Hip Hop are "black music".

Traditionally, blacks were compared to primates as a way of showing that
they are racially inferior to whites. This was particularly true during
the civil rights movement and after the end to slavery.

Like the noose as a reminded of lynching, comparisons to primates is a
particularly charged issue. This is why American history is relevant.

> I am,unfortunately, not surprised.
>
> That is, unfortunately, my way of living - no one will come close
> because no one will understand.
> I am however not a conformist. These will just adjust to the society. I
> pay a huge, really huge prise, by my own life for that not conformist
> attitude.
>
> zb.

Diplomacy; The art of making a point without making an enemy.

If you want to break it down like this, fine. We are a pack animal. For
the pack to work, we have to think about the other members of our pack.
If you go around pissing on them, you can't be surprised when the pack
turns on you.

So with that out of the way, lets drop the sticks and talk, like you
would like to.

Why do you think rap and hip hop is causing the "disintegration of moral
values that goes through within this society has no equal through out
the globe"? Particularly in light of your comment: "I am myself a total
ignorant on music. I have no idea what rap means."

Madi