Kubuntu x64

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 13 12:29:21 UTC 2009

Paul King wrote:
> We have entered a new "low phase" in Linux: the long wait for apps to run in
> the new 64-bit architecture. I think this happened before, when the
> architecture first moved to 32-bit.

I have been running 64 bit OpenSUSE for over 3 years and don't seem to
have those problems.  The only issue I've had is browser plugins, so I
simply run the 32 bit browsers.  Also, I don't think Linux was ever less
than 32 bits, as it was originally written for the i386.  You should be
able to run 32 bit apps on 64 bit systems, as I have done.