Broadcom wireless on Debian Testing

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 2 04:04:26 UTC 2009

| From: JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>

| Hmmm. Just tried the switch again, looks like it switches between Bluetooth and
| Wireless LAN? When I switch it to blue, a Bluetooth icon shows up in the
| notification area.

On my notebook, a ThinkPad x61t, the switch turns on or off both
802.11g AND Bluetooth.  In other words, the choice is between both and
neither, not either-or (isn't English fun?).  I don't know why.
Perhaps they share the antenna -- they apparently use the same radio
spectrum.

I think that software can turn off either when they are enabled; with
even less certainty, I think that software cannot enable either when
the switch is set to off.