EnableSendfile & EnableMMAP on a modern OS

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 30 23:03:33 UTC 2009

Hey Pals,

I happen to have been looking over apache manual today looking for a
solution related to a problem I shared with you earlier  on. As I was doing
so, I came across the above two features that are offered by apache and
sound really revolutionary, to a point that they are a little scary to use.
I think they have been there to a point they could be considered mature, but
the associated caveat sound so alarming I am not sure.

Would there be someone here who have used them on modern Linux kernel and
would like to share his/her experience?  Google is a little sparse on the
topic and the little that is available is a tad dated. Should we consider
the features good to go?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

William