Disabling favicon errors

Sat Jan 31 02:10:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 05:48:27PM -0500, William Muriithi wrote:

>Now, as far as I we are concerned this is just a nuisance. I have googled about
>it, read apache manual for a while but I have not come across a way of
>disabling favicon related error without disabling all the other errors message.
>Would any of us here have experience disabling apache error logs selectively
>that he/she can share with the rest of tlug please?

I take a different tack with this problem - I generate a favicon with
"touch" in each web root.  Apache serves a 0 byte file pretty quickly,
there are no errors to log, and everybody is happy.  If there is a
favicon in place it is unperturbed, but if it didn't exist it does now.

Do this with cron or with your website creation script.
--

yours,

William