Linux coding

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 29 19:31:35 UTC 2009

Awhile ago I bought an EEE to make use of some of that otherwise
wasted time I spend on the subway. So far I've been trying to update
my somewhat rusty knowledge of C++ and working with toolkits such as
OGRE.
Does anyone else on the list actually code C++'ish apps under Linux,
or has played around with 3d/Ogre/SDL/etc development?

What do you find are the best resources for these? I find that a large
portion of books tend to be windows-focussed, even for the
cross-platform apps or frameworks.

Also, this may start a bit of a flamewar... but on modern systems, how
would compare performance of something like Python (I haven't used it,
but after Perl/PHP/C/C++ they're all somewhat familiar in
concept/layout) or interpreted languages VS something compiled with
C/C++/etc

- TJA