OT: Rogers PVR: A Question...?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 31 18:57:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, James Knott wrote:

I wrote:
>> Yes but if it doesn't autodetect and provision the drive, or have a
>> way to manually set it up then the drive will just sit there[1].
>>
>> [1] Or worse.  If you boot the PVR with it attached the drives might
>> get detected in the wrong order and things might really go south.
>>
>> Rob
>>
> Have you verified that?  According to the PVR manual, it records on
> whichever drive has the most free space and a recording is not split
> across both drives.

I put a conditional "if" in because I wasn't sure of it.  I was making
the point that the software would need to support this function, which I
did not expect.

But based on the posts from Scott and you it does support it.  We have a
Rogers PVR but I haven't seen the manual for years :) I suppose there is a
pdf around. I'm going to look for the eSATA port :)

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy