OT: Internet at home without active phone line

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 11 04:57:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:

> I am now wondering whether it is possible to get the phone disconnection 1
> day before the DSL disconnection, so on the day DSL connection, no issue on
> getting the dry-loop DSL connection setup. Will that work (means for 1 night
> phone is disconnected but the DSL is not yet disconnected)?

Based on my past experiences with Bell I would find it highly optimisitic
if it worked that smoothly.

Bell once killed our phone line for a week when they deprovisioned our DSL
when the ISP went out of business.  They even tried to deny it was their
fault until I pointed out that I found that we lacked dialtone less than
two hours after the DSL went offline.

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy