OT: Internet at home without active phone line

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 7 21:06:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Dave M. Sullivan wrote:
> I have TekSavvy, and I'm paying $41 a month flat for dry loop
> DSL. That's with their Premium ($29.95/mo) plan. And it's only
> $19.95 installation fee.

Thanks. I just confirmed with TekSavvy that the $19.99 is not
part of the setup fee.

I guess now the question how to do the transfer without losing
Internet connection (or at least just losing it minimally).
TekSavvy said the issue of moving to dry-loop - even everything
scheduled well in advance - is that sometime on the date of
phone disconnection Bell did not "see" the disconnection order
as yet, and therefore the dry-loop setup cannot be done on the
same day.

I am now wondering whether it is possible to get the phone
disconnection 1 day before the DSL disconnection, so on the day
DSL connection, no issue on getting the dry-loop DSL connection
setup. Will that work (means for 1 night phone is disconnected
but the DSL is not yet disconnected)?

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo

** Felix dies Nativitatis! http://advent2008.com/ Happy New Year! **