Flex Builder 3 with Eclipse

Scott C. Ripley scott-VK/PCEBaDz+N9aS15agKxg at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 6 02:26:46 UTC 2009

i downloaded the Adobe Flex 3 Builder (trial) software:
   http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/

and used the following as a starting point:
   http://examples.adobe.com/flex3/componentexplorer/explorer.html

referencing the tutorials/lanuage reference as required:
   http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/
   http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/

(e-mail me if i can assist further...)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:

> Anyone around using this sh*t? It looks like that there are problems. An
> example:
> http://www.tekool.net/blog/2008/06/28/flex-builder-3-plugin-dont-work-with-eclipse-34/
>
> Actually, I am impressed by the work Adobe did. Their mxml looks like a
> wonder weapon. How many people know  however how to use it? All these flash
> embeddings have the future and we (as web developers) can not avoid going
> into that direction. However, even though Adobe makes great afford that
> things are working right away -they must  fail. Why? Well... their code is
> closed in fact, not available to the public. As such, we remain on their
> mercy. So not so many people know what is going on around. Fixing problems
> takes ages. And indeed there seems to be a lot of problems. Even such a
> simple thing, as instructions (that would work) how to start working with
> flash projects in Flex Builder are... I think.. simply.. stupidly missing..
>
> I want to try all this, on Eclipse.
> Please if anyone is successful with using these toys, let me know, perhaps
> privately.
>
> zb.

Scott C. Ripley
416.738.6357