Advice for a document management system

Thu Feb 5 18:34:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 12:23:28PM -0500, Aaron Vegh wrote:

> 1. Content authors produce LaTeX using some undisclosed tool on Windows.
> These folks would need to be trained to work against a template.
> 2. A transformation turns that latex doc into a PDF and a nicely-
> formatted HTML/CSS document.
> 3. Profit!!!

I agree with David that straight LaTeX is going to cause growing pains.

OpenOffice will give you intermediate methods that you may find helpful,
like DocBook.  Similarly, something like FrameMaker is a proprietary
document creation tool that is commonly used in the industry.  While I
grant that the "problem" is that you need good, accurate, automatic
replication of your documents across several formats, the ultimate
success of the project will be determined by which tool people use up
front, and whether they feel like it does what they need.
--

yours,

William