laptop suggestions?

Salman Ahmed fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 2 19:34:12 UTC 2009

You might want to consider Lenovo laptops. I have a 15" Lenovo Thinkpad T61 that's very good except for it's battery life... the 15" WSXGA screen and the NVidia card seem to be big battery hogs though. And the 9-cell lenovo battery for my T61 wasn't cheap (CDN$175).

I have a feeling you're averse to Dell Latitude laptops, otherwise I'd recommend a new-ish Latitude D830. They are standard issue in our company and my entire team has been using fairly well-specced D830s without any problems. Compared to my personal Lenovo T61 I find my office Latitude D830 to be better built with an excellent display (15" UXGA) and amazing battery life.

Salman Ahmed