Jousting with Gentoo - is Sabayon a good alternative for the weak of mind?

Renata Rocha natzilla-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 14 17:57:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 15:39, tug williams <tug.williams-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with Sabayon?
>
> Is it a way of getting a workable, maintained gentoo environment, but
> still allowing me to experiment with parts of my system should I get the
> urge?

I'm a Gentoo-fan, deep into -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
optimizations, but I'm oldschool, didn't knew this Sabayon - would
certainly give it a try, Gnome-flavoured :)

I enjoyed my Funtoo installation a lot, also. But it's not
desktop-driven as this one.

Someday I'll try linux from scratch - with a bottle of good wine, and
hope it works.

--
Renata Rocha
http://renata.org