Jousting with Gentoo - is Sabayon a good alternative for the weak of mind?

tug williams tug.williams-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 14 17:39:23 UTC 2009

I've been using gentoo for a while now, but find I spend too much time
jousting with gentoo as opposed to doing things I actually *want* to do.

I really like the performance it has given me on my old laptop and my
netbook, I've learned much, and then there's the sense of
achievement.... but I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather be doing
other things with my time.

Does anyone have experience with Sabayon?

Is it a way of getting a workable, maintained gentoo environment, but
still allowing me to experiment with parts of my system should I get the
urge?

tug