Jousting with Gentoo - is Sabayon a good alternative for the weak of mind?

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 15 01:04:32 UTC 2009

i ran it for a bit, didnt find it any faster then a normal ubuntu install,
and i have since settled on mint, as it is ubuntu-that-works, with all the fixings (multimedia plugins).

sabayon had the most slick, most professional install procedure i have ever seen.

if you like the gentoo flavour, id say its the contender.
i only ran it for about a week, and found it about on par with sidux (my distro of choice at the time)
 as far as work to get all multimedia running,
which is why i then tried out mint, and then, like anyone else trying mint, that is kinda the holy grail and you stop your search.
(only downside is you have to wait 5-6 weeks for the 64bit version to come out after the corresponding ubuntu is released, but
you get benefit of all the reported fixes)

tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>