Virtual secondary screen on another screen

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 1 23:17:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 02:16:32PM -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Scott Sullivan <scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > The source forge project for Synergy has been abandoned by it's maintainer.
> >
> > Another group has taken it up as:
> > http://code.google.com/p/synergy-plus/
>
> I hope they get to the point of getting "Synergy-plus" added to Debian
> & Ubuntu some time soon.  The "legacy" version is part of the default
> repositories.
>
> I'm not particularly keen on managing the deployment of binaries; I'd
> *much* rather use dpkg :-).

Well they do have .deb's at that site.  That is not a bad start.

http://synergy-plus.googlecode.com/files/synergy-plus-1.3.4-Linux-i686.deb
or
http://synergy-plus.googlecode.com/files/synergy-plus-1.3.4-Linux-x86_64.deb

You can install that with dpkg (and more importantly remove it again).

--
Len Sorensen