Virtual secondary screen on another screen

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 1 19:16:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Scott Sullivan <scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The source forge project for Synergy has been abandoned by it's maintainer.
>
> Another group has taken it up as:
> http://code.google.com/p/synergy-plus/

I hope they get to the point of getting "Synergy-plus" added to Debian
& Ubuntu some time soon.  The "legacy" version is part of the default
repositories.

I'm not particularly keen on managing the deployment of binaries; I'd
*much* rather use dpkg :-).

This pointed me to the need to deploy this on my desktop & laptop at
the office.  The last time I'd tried it, I had tried to get it to work
with MacOS as well, which didn't turn out particularly happily.
Today, staying with Linux, turned out fine...

What I still need to get working is to have cfengine spawn synergys on
my desktop and synergyc on the laptop...  Alas, that doesn't seem to
be happening quite flawlessly :-(.

The overall notion works mighty nicely!  It's making my laptop a lot
more useful than it was!
Jonathan Swift  - "May you live every day of your life." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html