Virtual secondary screen on another screen

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 1 16:13:50 UTC 2009

On 11/30/2009 11:51 AM, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Giles Orr<gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>
>> 2009/11/30 Jon VanAlten<vanaltj-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:
>>
> (reduced)
>

>> All this to say I appreciate hints like this on this list - it makes
>> me think about the possibilities.  For example, Daniel's explorations
>> into ffmpeg and webcams is going to be really useful to me very
>> shortly.  In this case I already knew about x2vnc and synergy, but I
>> bet someone's going to be pleased to read about them.
>>
> I have to agree with Giles, it's nice to ping people what you're doing
> because it might help spark ideas and interest. I just started playing
> with ffmpeg after Thomas suggest that I look at ffmpeg, and I just
> read what Daniel's doing with ffmpeg and I said WOW, that's really
> cool.

The source forge project for Synergy has been abandoned by it's maintainer.

Another group has taken it up as:
http://code.google.com/p/synergy-plus/

I've personally been using Synergy for many years, using it right now
actually.
I have a three screens, two on the main workstation and then a Third
connected to a really old IBM think pad that I only run my IM client on.
It was a great way to reclaim hardware for a dedicated purpose while
making it feel integrated with my main workstation.

P.S. Also Synergy has two real advantages, multi-OS (Windows and OSX)
and ClipBoard Syncing between all machines.

--
Scott Sullivan