October meeting - call for short talks...

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 28 19:41:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM, David J Patrick<djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Colin McGregor wrote:
>>
>> So, we are looking for 4+ short (say 15 to 20 minute) talks that can
>> round out the evening. Got some small Linux related project that
>> hasn't received the attention it deserves, well October 13th will be
>> the perfect time to show it off...
>
> How about a show-and-tell of my emerging all-CLI task/document/accounting
> application use ?
>
> vimoutliner (and vim, of course)
>  using otl2aft.awk (not yet available in stores) + aft + pdflatex for print
> taskwarrior.org for tasks
> ledger-cli for accounting
> git for version control (accounting audit sanity) and distributed data
> (which I should have figured out by then)

Overview of screen would be nice...

http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/
might be fun to observe that you might use that in conjunction with a
window manager with near-identical key bindings such as...

Ratpoison
http://www.nongnu.org/ratpoison/
ratpoison is a simple Window Manager with no fat library dependencies,
no fancy graphics, no window decorations, and no rodent dependence. It
is largely modeled after GNU Screen which has done wonders in the
virtual terminal market.

Stumpwm
http://www.nongnu.org/stumpwm/
StumpWM is an X11 window manager written entirely in Common Lisp. Its
user interface goals are similar to ratpoison's but with an emphasis
on customizability, completeness, and cushiness.

Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html